Vango Bondi - Low - NEW for 2019
- AWPBONDI C3YTDR
- AWPBONDI C3YTDR
- 7.00 KGS
- Calculated at Checkout
New from Vango for 2019.
The Bondi Low is a great value Non-driveaway awning for those who just require something better than a sun canopy . Being non driveway you will need to ensure your vehicle has an awning rail (awnings rail, Reimo Rail) to be able to attach the Bondi Low. The manufacturer states that you can use pole & clamp, but we would suggest this option has limited use as only older VW's vans with Gutter rails are really suitable for this method. Fig 8 used in the gutter would would work on Mazda Bongos but other this this we would advise you have an awning rail on your vehicle to get the best use of this awning.
Vango have this year released some keenly priced awnings. This has been accomplished by using lighter weight fabrics and reducing some of the specifications. The Bondi Low is in this range. Using Vango's Sentinel Active Polyester. This does not mean the awning will be any less waterproof than more expensive awnings in the Vango Line up. It does help reduce the pack size and in a small non driveway awning like the Bondi Low makes a far more manageable size and weight.
Despite the lower price Vango still incorporate there excellent TBS II system to provide stability in windy conditions.
The Bondi Low uses a simple single fibreglass pole with pre angled joints to erect the awning. This give more upright sides for more useable space. The Groundsheet is removable, giving the option of easy cleaning and leaving the groundsheet out if pitched on a hard standing or gravel pitch. The Groundsheet toggles down to give a flat trip free entry point into the awning. The windows feature toggle up blinds for privacy. The frond door with its large clear windows can be zipped back half way or all the way open to create an open canopy.
The Bondi Low offers Excellent valve for money when you need something a bit more secure than a sun canopy for privacy or storage on site. There is the option of purchasing a freestanding 2 berth inner tent if you need to accommodate extra guests.
Low height for attachment to vehicles with a fixing height of 180cm to 210cm
What the manufacturer says:-
New for 2019, the Bondi shelter is a stylish and practical one-poled awning which is simple to assemble and take down when you want to head out for the day. This awning is unable to be left free-standing, requiring the support of your campervan when pitched. The Bondi awning features our Sentinel Active fabric, offering a combination of strength and a light weight to ensure the awning is compact, waterproof and durable. The Bondi awning is the ideal poled awning for those who want to experience all the fun of the outdoors.
- Vango PowerFlex® Fibreglass Poles - Creates a strong, yet light and reliable structure
- Non-driveaway - Awning is unable to be left free-standing without a vehicle. Ideal for use as a storage area for bikes or shelter to relax
- Pre-angled poles - Achieve greater internal space than with a standard curve. Provides effective bracing against side winds
- Single pole structure - Simple and quick to assemble, which also ensures a light weight and compact pack size
- Linked-in Groundsheet - Easy to clean groundsheet that can be attached or detached from the living area
- Sentinel Active - When pack size and weight are the key influencers in choosing your awning, our specifically designed Sentinel Active fabric will surpass your needs. Sentinel Active is strong, whilst being fully waterproof, ensuring great quality and performance coupled with compact pack sizes.
- Vango Patented TBS®II Tension Band System - Ensures awning performs in adverse conditions, especially in strong, changeable winds. When tensioned, the bands brace the beam or pole at 3 points and prevent sideways movement. Adjust TBS®II to remove slack. Do not over tension, as this may deform the poles. Can be stowed away in calm weather
- High Visibility Guylines - High visibility lower half to prevent tripping hazards and ensure stability in high winds
- Adjustable Pegging System - Allows awning to be pitched perfectly on uneven surfaces
- Diamond Clear Windows - Maximise light and visibility to provide a bright and airy environment
- Toggled Privacy Curtains - Easy to use privacy curtains that can be simply rolled away when not in use
- Flat Entry Groundsheet - Easily dropped to ground level allowing effortless entering without needing to step over the entrance
- Multi-Flex Door - Door can be zipped fully closed, halfway open, or fully open
- High Level Ventilation - Helps to circulate air within the awning and reduces condensation
- Wide Mouth Bag with Compression Straps - Allows your awning to be packed away and carried to and from the campsite easily
- Multiple Attachment Methods - Pre-attached 6mm kador, over vehicle straps, roof bar attachment tabs and sleeve for pole & clamp
- Experience Poled Awnings included with - Pre-attached 6mm kador strip, over vehicle webbing straps, roof bar attachment tabs, sleeve for pole & clamp, steel pegs with carry bag and carry bag with compression straps
|Pitching Time||7 mins|
|Packsize||L75.0 x H24.0 x W24.0cm|
|Weight without Accessories||3.6kg|