Outwell have introduced a completely new range of driveaway awnings for 2018. The Scenic Road range we feel is going to be the best selling in the Poled range of driveaway awnings. Based on the best selling Country Road Awning and full of nice features
The design features a vertical front door with a nice sized extended canopy, making it ideal for the British climate as the front door has protection from the rain and Sun. There is nothing worst than having to mop up the water from your sewn-in groundsheet every time to open the front door. Why so many manufacturers insist on sloping awning sides with doors and not providing at least one rain safe door. The Scenic Road range feature a Hybrid Steel and Duratec Fibreglass frame for strength and ease of pitching Outwells Outtex 4000 polyester flysheet, Full mesh windows to the front door to give good ventilation and keep bugs at bay, Tinted Windows, to reduce UV, heat & Glare and a sewn-in groundsheet.Outwell awnings also feature their Link Access System which provides a groundsheet for the tunnel section of the awning with a valance to close the gap under the vehicle and help keep out draughts.
We would always stress that the Tunnel section of a driveaway awning is only ever a sheltered entrance and will never be draught free. Remember that unlike a caravan awning, driveaway awnings have front and back doors that can be zipped up and this is the weatherproof section of the awning.
Based on the best selling Country Road the Scenic Road range is available in 3 sizes. The Scenic Road 200 being the only model NOT to have a bedroom Option due to its compact size.
Drive-away tent awning for motorhomes, vans and MPVs with attachment height of 240 cm-290 cm.
What the manufacturer says:-
The pole-pitching Outwell Touring drive away awning range is ideal for those who want quality without compromising on price. Made from superior Outtex 4000 fabric, the awnings offer a spacious living area and the flexibility to drive away whenever you want. The main tent remains upright even when your campervan, motorhome or bus isn’t there, and the awning is now even easier to connect and disconnect. With various sizes, optional bedroom inners, and canopies that adjust to fit your pitch, a Touring awning brings comfort and convenience to every journey.
Got a larger vehicle? You’ll need a Tall drive away awning, which has a higher attachment point of 240-290cm. The Outwell Scenic Road 250 Tall is a great choice if you’re looking for practical convenience. It has all the benefits of the regular height version, including full standing height ceilings and lots of room for eating, sleeping and storage. You can create bedrooms with the optional inners.
- Drive-away tent awning for motorhomes, vans and MPVs with attachment height of 240 cm-290 cm
- Heavy duty Outwell zips are easy to use, running securely and freely
- Link Access Zone System with side doors for easy access
- Front wall can be opened completely by a 4-slider zip for extra flexibility by opening the doors/front panel fully to create a verandah-style aspect with insect mesh screen
- Fully detachable rear opening for easy access to vehicles; 4 zips offer flexible opening options
- Front canopy with alloy pre-angled brow pole for shelter from rain and sun glare
- Fully seam-sealed flysheet for maximum protection from the elements
- Pre-attached luminous guylines for convenience and fast pitching
- Reinforcement patch on all stress points
- Adjustable pegging points for pitching flexibility
|Type of tent:||One room tunnel tent|
|Flysheet:||Outtex® 4000 (100% polyester taffeta) with taped seams|
|Hydrostatic Head:||4000 mm|
|Attachment height:||240 - 290 cm|
|Roof Connection Length:||300 cm|
|Pitching way:||Flysheet first|
|Rooms:||1 living room|
|Floor:||Double-coated 100% polyethylene, 10000 mm hydrostatic head|
|Poles:||Roof: Duratec fibreglass 11 mm, Legs: Steel poles 19 mm, Rain-safe door: Alloy pole 9.5 mm, 16/19 mm inside roof poles, 1 Steel pole 16 mm (for Link Access Zone)|
|Pack size:||45 x 80 cm|
Footprint Scenic Road 250/250SA
- Carpet Scenic Road 250/250SA
- 2 berth Inner Scenic Road 250/250SA/300/300SA