Outdoor Revolution Cayman Tail - 2019 Model
- 11.30 KGS
- Calculated at Checkout
Outdoor Revolution have updated the Cayman range for 2019. With a New Colourway and some other improvements
Featuring a sewn in groundsheet, Fibreglass Poles and 68D 190T Polyester Flysheets. The Cayman tail features a longer tunnel section to accommodate the tailgate of Vehicles. Attachment is by lipping he elasticated tunnel over the vehicle and holding in place with guy-lines or straps. For 2019 there is also the option of adding a 2 berth inner tent.
Fibreglass framed Dome Style tents/awnings like the Cayman are generally stronger than Tunnel Style tents/awnings due to the cross over pole configuration. We find Outdoor Revolutions fibreglass poles very reliable in use and the advantage of fibreglass poles is the availability and ease of replacement if they become damaged.
Outdoor Revolution have always been good at ensuring good ventilation in their awnings to help reduce condensation. But please remember you will always experience condensation in any Polyester Awning. Remember to keep all the vents open and clear, ventilate the awning whenever possible especially first thing in the morning.
There are very few tailgate awnings on the market especially for VW Transporter sized vans. The Cayman Tail has therefore been a very good selling awning and with the improvements for 2019 especially the New sharper looking colourway and the ability to add an option 2 berth inner tent is it sure to become more popular.
Warning:- Do not start the vehicle whilst the Awning is attached due to the risk of Exhaust fumes entering the Awning.
Standard Height: to fit vehicles 1.8m - 2.4m
What the manufacturer Says:-
Due to the unparalleled success of the Cayman driveaway awning range, we have introduced this rear fitting variation designed to fix to the tailgate of your campervan, the Cayman Tail, using its extra-deep rear cowl, the entry level Cayman Tail pole and sleeve drive away awning provides the perfect solution for touring families craving additional usable space from their rear door van, to meet their budget!
The ultra-lightweight, 100HDE fabric is designed to pack down quickly, easily and into its small carry bag. This product is ideal where weight, pack size and speed are of the essence. The fabric has a contemporary hex-style print to compliment the product’s simple, immaculate design lines.
The fabric is exceptionally water-resistant and water will simply bead onto the surface and roll-off. Also, the light-coloured roof material reflects heat to maintain a comfortable temperature inside the awning. The product comes complete with a heavy duty sewn in groundsheet for added waterproofing, helping prevent water ingression from the moisture in the ground to the awning interior, whilst increasing convenience when pitching and keeping bugs out.
The frame is made using two Fibreglass Poles in order to make assembly a speedy process.
The expansive PVC Windows offer a clear, crisp view of the outdoors from the comfort and convenience of your awning; helping to bring the outdoors – indoors. All windows have integral Zip-In Curtains which can be rolled back during the day or zipped-in for complete privacy during the night. There is also a Rear-Cowl Access Door to prevent disturbing sleeping guests and increase ease of access to and from the motorhome. The Ventilation Points help combat condensation by improving air circulation within the drive-away.
The drive-away comes complete with storm strap attachment points, steel ground pegs, a handy repair kit and reflective guylines for high visibility. An optional Two-Berth Inner Tent, Stone Protection Footprint Groundsheet (to protect the awning from sharp rocks and hard ground) and Canopy Poles (to uphold the front door as a functional, sheltered porch area) can also be purchased t complement this awning.
- 100HDE Hex Endure Fabric - An Ultra-Lightweight Fabric with a Contemporary Print.
- 3,000mm² Hydrostatic Head & Fully Taped Seams Throughout - Exceptionally Waterproof; Water Will Simply Bead Onto the Surface and Roll Off.
- Fibreglass Pole Frame - Tough & Hard-Wearing Lightweight Pole and Sleeve Frame, Comprising Two Telescopic Fibreglass Poles.
- Extra Deep Cowl - 140cm Long Cowl to Ensure a Perfect Reverse-In Rear Tail Gate Fitting.
- PVC Window Panels - Expansive, Crystal Clear Windows, Offering a Panoramic Vista of the Surrounding Outdoors.
- Window Curtains - Zip In Blackout Blinds/Curtains for Maximum Privacy at Night.
- TPS Twin Piping System (4mm x 6mm) - Permitting Both Caravan/Motorhome Compatibility.
- TWO Rear Cowl Access Doors - To Allow Entry to the Vehicle, Without Traipsing Through the Whole Awning.
- Sewn In Groundsheet - To Reduce Moisture Ingression & To Add Convenience.
- Roof Ventilation - Improving Air Circulation Within the Awning and Aiding in Maintaining a Comfortable Temperature.
- One Year Warranty - On the Canvas & Workmanship Against Any Manufacturing Faults.
- Includes Electrical Hook Up Point - To Power Electrical Appliances within the Awning.
- Optional Two Berth Inner Tent Hanging Loops.
- Storm Strap Attachment Points.
- Includes Pegs, Reflective Guylines, Repair Kit, Carry Bag and Lumi-Link Attachment Points.
- TOTAL WEIGHT: 11.1kg
- WIDTH: 240cm
- DEPTH: 240cm
- HEIGHT RANGE: 180cm-240cm
- AWNING PIPING LENGTH: 2.15m
- COWL DEPTH: 140cm
- PACK SIZE: 72cm x 33cm x 27cm
This awning has been specifically designed and is perfect for touring use; it is not designed for seasonal or residential purposes.