Kampa Travel Pod Maxi Air L -New for 2017
- 23.00 KGS
- Calculated at Checkout
New for 2017.
We would consider this to be one of the best sellers from Kampa in 2017. The Travel Pod Maxi is a nice sized 4 berth driveaway-awning, that unusually comes complete with a 4 berth inner tent, most manufacturers have made the inner tent an option. The Travel Pad Maxi Air attaches to the Camper-van lengthways, making it very campsite friendly as it only comes out 360cm from the van. Another nice feature is the roof cowl or Tunnel is removable and reversible, so it can be used on the left or right of the vehicle, particularly useful on VW California's. or Left hand Drive Vehicles. Another design feature is the Air Beams are externally mounted. This creates more internal space, smoother lines internally, as well as making it easier for the seams to be taped during manufacture and should also help to reduce condensation as the Air beams are a source of condensation. Lots of Windows to create a light airy awning. Like all Kampa driveaway-awnings the ground sheet is a simple clip in groundsheet. This gives the option to remove the ground-sheet for easier cleaning and is useful when used on hard standings or on Campsites that insist on Breathable ground-sheets. Although Kampa seem to think this is a big issue, our experience of selling Driveaway Awnings from every other manufacturer, which predominantly feature sewn-in ground-sheets suggest it not a problem on the vast majority of campsites.
Lots of fixing options including Pole Sleeve, 6mm Beading, guy lines and Velcro loops
Available in 2 sizes to fit varying heights of vehicles:
L: fits vehicles up to 230cm, XL: fits 230 - 290cm
What the manufacturer says:-
The Maxi AIR is truly in a league of its own for those looking to maximise space on a pitch.
It's unique side tunnel connection allows the awning to be connected to both left and right-hand drive vehicles and the depth of the awning from your vehicle prevents extra pitch charges.
The large 4 berth inner tent makes the Maxi AIR a great choice for families and groups with the central roll up partition offering privacy between the two pods.
The awning comes complete with a fully waterproof clip-in groundsheet. However, many sites do not allow ground-sheets and so the groundsheet can be left out if necessary - an important issue if you intend to use camping sites. There are two versions, to suit different height campers and motorhomes.
The Travel Pod Maxi AIR is freestanding and can be connected to the vehicle in one of three ways – pole & clamp, beading or guy line method. The rear tunnel comes with adjusting straps to take up any slack. The awning has large panoramic windows to let the light in and for a great view out – these all have roll away blinds. Folds into a compact, oversized carry bag.
- Inflatable - external inflation points
- Free standing drive-away awning
- 'Feel the difference' Weathershield™ HD heavy duty material - strong but lightweight
- Flame retardant and UV stabilised
- A massive 6000mm hydrostatic head
- Seams hot air taped - for maximum weatherproofing
- Adjustable height side tunnel to suit a wide range of vehicles
- Full-clip in groundsheet
- Roll up front panel
- Window blinds with easy store pockets
- Large side door for access to camper through tunnel
- Includes large 4-berth inner tent with central partition
- Size: (300+60) x 505 cm
- Fixing height range: L: fits 205 - 235 cm
- Materials: 'Feel the Difference' Weathershield™ HD 6000mm polyester - Durable and extremely weather resistant, this material's been protecting caravan and motorhomes since 2008. For 2017 we've improved the coatings to make it even better.
- Taped seams
- Crystal clear windows
- No-see-um mesh
- Poles: Inflatable AirPoles
- Steel spreader bars - strengthen and add support to the awning
- Insulated Fleece Carpet
- Front Canopy
- Inner Tent
- SabreLink™ Flex Lighting System