New for 2017.
The Cross Air is a dome style awning, giving more upright sides that a tunnel style and and because of the dome design should provide a stronger awning is windy conditions. Its main benefit is the option to add 1 or 2 optional 2 berth bedroom annexes. Like all Kampa driveaway-awnings the ground sheet is a simple clip in groundsheet. This gives the option to remove the ground-sheet for easier cleaning and is useful when used on hard standings or on Campsites that insist on Breathable ground-sheets. Although Kampa seem to think this is a big issue, our experience of selling Driveaway Awnings from every other manufacturer, which predominantly feature sewn-in ground-sheets suggest it not a problem on the vast majority of campsites.
Lots of fixing options including Pole Sleeve, 6mm Beading, guy lines and Velcro loops
What the manufacturer says:-
A classic favourite, the Travel Pod Cross AIR builds on the success of the Travel Pod range. Now even easier to set up than ever, the Cross AIR utilises the Kampa inflatable AirFrame to create a large sturdy living space with very good headroom thanks to the vertical wall design.
The Cross AIR comes with a clip-in groundsheet that can be used when required and features large windows, with blinds for added privacy, and mesh panels for ventilation. The Cross AIR can be fitted with an optional annexe (240 x 175 cm) on either or both sides. The annexe comes complete with an inner tent (210 x 170 cm).
The Travel Pod Cross AIR is freestanding and can be connected to the vehicle in one of three ways – pole & clamp, beading or guy line method. The rear tunnel comes with adjusting straps to take up any slack. The awning has large panoramic windows to let the light in and for a great view out – these all have roll away blinds. Folds into a compact, oversized carry bag.
- Inflatable - external inflation points
- Free-standing drive-away awning
- 'Feel the difference' Weathershield™ HD heavy duty material - strong but lightweight
- Flame retardant and UV stabilised
- A massive 6000mm hydrostatic head
- Seams hot air taped - for maximum weatherproofing
- Door in rear tunnel
- Adjustable height rear tunnel to suit a wide range of vehicles
- Full clip-in groundsheet
- Roll up front panel
- Window blinds with easy store pockets
- Large rear door for access to camper through tunnel
- Optional two berth inflatable AIR annexe complete with inner tent
- Size: 310 x (240+90) cm
- Fits: Designed to fit up to 230 cm high (fixing height)
- Materials: 'Feel the Difference' Weathershield™ HD 6000mm polyester - Durable and extremely weather resistant, this material's been protecting caravan and motorhomes since 2008. For 2017 we've improved the coatings to make it even better.
- Taped seams
- Crystal clear windows
- No-see-um mesh
- Poles: None! AirPoles replace traditional metal and fibreglass poles
- AIR annexe (complete with inner tent)
- Insulated Fleece Carpet